Mediacrity 50% complete

I got a little time off from “normal” sprint work since Acquia is beginning a new sprint and my baby is supposed to arrive any day now :)

So being the manic workaholic that I am, I made some major improvements to the Media module in the past few days. To name a few:

  • Re-wrote the browser to be more “drupally” I think it’s a good compromise of convention and flexibility. Let’s see…
  • Implemented the Entity Api and type restrictions (so launch a browser to just select images)
  • Got Media as a field working really nicely, got multi-value field support
  • Added a title and data field to the media field so that extending modules can chuck on extra information there. Sweet! No issue for this, just a bonus.
  • Built the media_gallery module. This is a new entity called gallery with 2 fields: Title and Media Items. Media items is a multi-value media field with a description and link for each item. Next step is to build the display mechanism for it. I will be posting a video for this soon!
  • Kicked the shit out of cruft
  • Build a bulk importer which is awesome for testing, and fun for making albums:
  • Created a testbed interface for trying out different launch parameters.
  • Dynamic AJAX Scrolling for the library!

I promise, a more engaging demo is coming soon(ish) depending on how long I stay on this roll and when I become a parent.

Originally published at on March 14, 2010.

Jacob Singh
CTO in residence at Sequoia Capital. Independent product and Engineering Coach Mediocre guitarist, singer, rock climber, point guard and baker Dedicated dad. American in New Delhi.
New Delhi